Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can the LUA ADK (for zen x-fi2) run on Windows 7?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chenxi

chenxi

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 08 February 2010 - 03:07 AM

Hi, i have just downloaded the zen x-fi2 LUA ADK to write apps and games from the creative website (http://www.creative.com/zenxfi2/adk/). I need to know if the ADK would work with Windows 7 as that would be the default OS for my new computer which will be coming in a week's time. Anyone has any ideas on this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 08 February 2010 - 01:14 PM

One thing about Windows 7 is it has a right click option where menus popup which includes an option to run a program in "compatibility mode" This mode allows a program that worked in Windows XP to run in Windows 7. Any time you right click an executable in windows 7 you can set permissions and compatibility which runs the program like it was still on an older operating system like windows XP.

Try running the program, if there is an issue with it running correctly, Windows 7 will tell you and offer to fix the problem and chances are it will and your program will run like it was intended to.

I've installed and ran a lot of older programs that run fine on Windows 7.

Good luck!

Edited by MrBruce1959, 08 February 2010 - 10:26 PM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 Onsteroids

Onsteroids

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:44 PM

Hi, i have just downloaded the zen x-fi2 LUA ADK to write apps and games from the creative website (http://www.creative.com/zenxfi2/adk/). I need to know if the ADK would work with Windows 7 as that would be the default OS for my new computer which will be coming in a week's time. Anyone has any ideas on this?

The announcement that you quoted only mentions "Windows PC" so I suppose it is independent what version you have. It seems to be a hardware emulator for debugging, and for that the compatibility mode will suffice (if it turns out you need to run these tools in the compatibility mode)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users