Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do you think this is a RAM issue?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Math Newbie

Math Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 08 February 2010 - 01:44 AM

So, I have come into the hands of a 7-8 year old PC that my dad was using.
I reformatted and did a clean install of Windows XP SP3.

It works fine except that it seems to restart with BSOD very oftenly when watching IPTV and other intensive programs...

I have attached a CPUZ system log and the mini dumps. < I think I should have kept the minidumps before I reformatted because it was around 150 MB... Though I can only upload 512k, and would therefore need to place it on a file sharing site.

Lots of the dumps point to memory corruption.
However, I'm not sure if anything in the PC is even worth fixing.

Do you think the best method is just to rebuild the whole computer from scratch and keep this one as a spare?

I've moved the RAM from slot 1 to 2 and 3; It is currently in slot 2... The same problems still exist...

I have also checked the capacitors on the motherboard, they do not seem to be bulging or leaking fluid unlike other systems I have seen with this similar issue...

Attached Files

Edited by Math Newbie, 08 February 2010 - 01:46 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 08 February 2010 - 06:49 AM

You may want to review those .dmp files, with one of the following sets of procedures/tools:

Help Diagnosing BSODs And Crashes (BC) - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176011/how-to-receive-help-diagnosing-blue-screens-and-windows-crashes/

BlueScreenView - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users