Posted 10 September 2005 - 09:26 PM
I had the exact same problem, so I'll give mine:
I updated to the 1.5.1 beta version from the 1.0.6 version, but my Noia 2.0 lite theme was incompatible, so I tried uploading a new version of the theme, which did not work. So, I redownloaded the 1.0.6 version and "downgraded." It was using the default theme, so I switched it to the Noia one. Then, it went all black and lame like dan8402 described.
Eventually, I used IE to redownload the beta version and re-updated it. It worked with this, so I found a theme that was compatible with the beta version and downloaded it. I then re-downgraded to 1.0.6. It was using the default theme again for some reason. I then went into the themes and DELETED the Noia one and went and redownloaded it. This finally did work. I'm not sure if it's only these specific circumstances that do this, but I'm sure you can adapt.
I hope that this helps anyone who has the same problem.