action=Open folder to view files
I was following a tutorial for how to manually remove it and it said to follow these steps:
- Type d: (This is the drive letter of USB. It can be e: or f: defending on how many hard disk or cd drive is installed)
- Type attrib -h -r -s autorun.inf
- Type “edit autorun.inf” it will open DOS Editor and display contents as follows
Take note on the file that it called to open (in above example it is file.exe)
10. Exit DOS Editor and return to command prompt, D:\>
11. Delete the file that was called to open on DOS Editor
- Type del /f /a file.exe
12. Delete autorun.inf file
- Type del /f /a autorun.inf
i did those but i cant delet the autorun.exe from the looks. Im probably doing this all wrong and any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated. Also iv tried using autorun virus remover and that just deleted the file like avast would.
Im running on windows 7, help please anyone
Theres a word filter on the forums and for the part where it says
change bleep to the N word
Edited by Si_, 07 February 2010 - 05:50 PM.