Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kodak Picture CD

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 lindon

lindon

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 07 February 2010 - 04:17 PM

I can play a Kodak picture CD on our lap top, but can't play one burned on our desk top. I use the slow burn and have tried several different CD manufacturers, but no change. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lindon

lindon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:15 PM

I think I've discovered what's wrong. I had burned the still images on a dvd, not a CD as I thought. It won't play the DVD, but it will play the CD version.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:52 PM

Thanks for posting that. Let us know if that was indeed the problem.

#4 lindon

lindon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:22 PM

The desk top has a dvd drive. The lap top is a CD-ROM drive. Can I make a CD on the desk top for use on the lap top? Do I need to add a CD drive to the desk top?

#5 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 09 February 2010 - 04:03 AM

Lyndon, I make CD's on my DVD drive but it may depend on the type\manufacturer. My OS is Win XP Pro and I use the wizard for copying pix to CD. I never cared for the Easy Share software that came with my Kodak.

Which Operating System is running on your computer? Win95, 98 or ME?

Rosie

WinXP Pro sp3 \ Firefox, Panda, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster

#6 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 09 February 2010 - 04:55 AM

:flowers:

Most DVDs will burn CDs, as they also play both, but you must nominate to the Burning Program what you want? Click on Burn to Options, on most and it will give Options? Select CDROM, not DVD.

Each Program is a little different, but usually shows two settings for your DVD, almost identical except for DVD and CDROM, and an Option to Burn an ISO Image.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Abacus 7, 09 February 2010 - 04:59 AM.

#7 lindon

lindon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:54 AM

For Rosie: Desk top OS is Vista. Lap top OS is Windows 98

For Abacus 7: My options are "Data Disc" and "Video DVD" if I use Windows Photo Gallery. I tried the former with no success. The CD's that the lap top will read were burned on my previous desk top with OS Windows 98.

#8 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:54 AM

:thumbsup:

Can you try this?

Save your Pictures into a Folder, called "Pictures", onto the Desktop.

Then use the Desktop to Burn them onto a CD as I said earlier, but using "Pictures" as where it is burnt from.

Maybe the Kodak Program is interferring with it?

WIN98SE will read most CDs very well, but DVDs, no way, that I know of, but I am always willing to learn.

You can get a Free Program to help you Burn it on this Trusted Forum.

http://www.imgburn.com/

Some of our Members are associated with it and all is really Nice there. I have used it with good success.

Ray.

Edited by Abacus 7, 09 February 2010 - 11:13 AM.

#9 lindon

lindon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2010 - 10:26 AM

SUCCESS!! I down loaded ImgBurn software and burned the photo's to a CD-R as a data file which is recognized by Ofoto on the lap top. Thank you Abacus 7 for resolving a very perplexing situation!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users