Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to find newly transferred files

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Keith1

Keith1

• Members
  • 504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 07 February 2010 - 02:51 PM

I'm not sure if I've given enough information here to answer, but I'll give what I have.

A friend of mine asked me how to do this - if possible, - He recently transferred files from his PC to his new laptop which has Windows 7 on it, via Windows Easy Transfer , using wireless connection. He transferred a lot of files he doesn't want to keep ( really should have been deleted before doing the transfer ), and wants to know if there is a way to view just the recently imported/transferred files so he can go through them and delete what he doesn't want.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 07 February 2010 - 04:32 PM

As far as I know, there is no way to do this. If they were put in their respective folders by the transfer process, then it would be the same as if you had to search through them on the old computer.

Sorry.
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 Keith1

Keith1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 504 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2010 - 05:39 PM

Ok, thank you for the reply. I'll pass this on to him. :huh:

#4 DanrB

DanrB

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:58 PM

How about a search for all files created on a given date, the date the transfer took place?

#5 Keith1

Keith1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 504 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:53 AM

Ok, he's going that route now, says it's slow going and will know to select which files to transfer in the future - lesson learned!

Thank you very much for your replies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users