Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DEP forcing GHP for win32 to close & AXWIN Frame Window error for svchost.exe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Trey Murray

Trey Murray

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 07 February 2010 - 08:55 AM

I am working on a computer which had the PC defender virus. I cleaned the machine using MalwareBytes twice, and scanned using Avast! in a boot-time scan to try to knock out the rest. MalwareBytes seems to find and clean the same three infections and then the system pops up a Data Execution Prevention on Generic Host Process for win32 and then an alert about AXWIN Frame Window: svchost.exe pops up. Close those, and the system does a NT/Authority reboot message with 45 seconds to save your work. Avast! said it cleaned 147 files, but these popups remain.

Also, Internet Explorer is being redirected when I try to search resolutions on that computer, so I downloaded Firefox. After the next reboot, it now redirects all of my requests.

I know it is viral activity, but I am afraid to go any further without consulting the experts. Any assistance you can give me will be much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trey Murray

Trey Murray
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:13 AM

Windows XP

Can't get screenshots because I can't upload to website, and I can't save to a thumb drive to upload.

The first popup alert I get states:

Generic Host Process for Win 32 Services encountered a problem and needed to close.

This error occurred on 2/7/2010 at 3:45:22 AM.

Please tell Microsoft about this problem.
We have created an error report that you can send to help us improve Generic Host Process for Win32 Services. We will treate this report as confidential and anonymous.

To see what data this report contains, click here.

The second popup that immediately follows is as such:

AXWIN Frame Window: svchost.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x028ef7a0" refrenced memory at "0x028ef7a0", The memory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

No matter what you click on, it forces windows to shut down, then restarts and the process repeats itself. Can't seem to log into safe mode either, I get a blue screen of death when I try.

Edited by Trey Murray, 07 February 2010 - 08:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users