Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NTLDR is missing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 glynnmania

glynnmania

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:11 AM

Hi,

I mistakenly deleted the file rtlgina2.dll in an effort to try to skip the password prompt at startup. Now when I try to startup my computer, I get the error message ntldr is missing press ctrl alt del to reboot.

I tried running the xp recovery cd to no avail.

I am running xp home sp 2 on a gateway desktop.

I would appreciate help to solve this problem.

I also am running two hard drives. After installation of the secondary drive, upon startup I receive the error message that there is a problem with my hard drive, press any key to continue. But the secondary drive seems to work fine. These two problems are completely unrelated and the more pressing problem, the ntldr issue, began far after I installed the second drive, but I would like to fix both problems.

Thanks in advance for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:30 AM

Take a look at this page. It has instructions for creating a bootable CD, floppy disk, or USB flash drive that should automatically fix most errors that cause that message.

#3 glynnmania

glynnmania
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:06 PM

Those options don't work for me because this is the only computer I have. Is there anything else that can be done?

Edited by glynnmania, 13 February 2010 - 08:22 PM.

#4 glynnmania

glynnmania
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:55 PM

I am still getting the rtlgina2.dll error msg. I ran a repair install of xp and still have this issue. Will someone please help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users