Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trend Micro HouseCall log

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 lll blaze lll

lll blaze lll

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:41 AM

Ok so I have several programs I ran to remove all those unwanted spyware, malware, etc. pests. Well my friend suggested I add Trend Micro HouseCall to my list of programs to use. After running this software I used the 'Fix' option that was automatically selected as a recommended action. Of course some files needed removed during a reboot. Well after I rebooted my PC my USB ports quit working! Of course the one time I don't analyze and look up each identified problem something goes wrong. I was freaking out since my keyboard and mouse are both USB. I even went as far a using the repair option with my windows disc and of course that didn't work either. I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner but a couple days later I plugged up a PS/2 Keyboard and Mouse and I was able again to log back into my computer. Below I compiled a list of all found items that I 'fixed'. Sadly I had to type this out one by one since it didn't give me an option to save a log. >.<

Which items should I restore (If any)? Or should I try and find new USB drivers? Not to mention I did a search for my model using CPU - Z and couldn't find my drivers...

One thing that I noted is none of these files appear to have anything to do with drivers (.dll) so maybe this was just a random coincidence. If it helps at all I was also trying out Panda Active Scan at the time but I didn't make any actions with that software which was ran through my browser (Firefox) with an extension that was required to be added.

If this helps at all I use the following programs; SUPERantiSpyware, Ad-Aware, Malwarebytes, Avast and my HijackThis log is in another thread awaiting analysis.

------

FILE---------------THREAT---------TYPE
mail.fit---------HIDDEN FILE-----Rootkits
msk.exe-------HIDDEN FILE-----Rootkits
msk.in---------HIDDEN FILE-----Rootkits
PKMailer.exe--SPYW KEYLOG---Spyware
PKTrainer.exe-SPYW KEYLOG---Spyware
unis000.exe---HIDDEN FILE-----Rootkits
web.flt---------HIDDEN FILE-----Rootkits
ihhgdc----------HIDDEN FILE----Rootkits
ihhgdc----------HIDDEN FILE----Rootkits
klhhgdc--------HIDDEN FILE-----Rootkits
mlhhgdc-------HIDDEN FILE-----Rootkits
ohhgdc--------HIDDEN FILE-----Rootkits
prlhhgdc-------HIDDEN FILE-----Rootkits
shhgdc---------HIDDEN FILE----Rootkits
hhgdc.sys------HIDDEN FILE----Rootkits
uhhgdc---------HIDDEN FILE----Rootkits
whhgdc---------HIDDEN FILE----Rootkits

Edited by lll blaze lll, 07 February 2010 - 03:44 AM.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,742 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:31 AM

The standard instructions to any posted with a thread in either of the BC malware forums...include something akin to "Do not make any changes, do not take suggestions/instructions from anyone other than the person assisting you in the malware forum or a BC Administrator."

I will suggest that this post be closed until your HJT log thread has been resolved.

Louis

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:14 AM

You have a HJT / DDS log posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

While we understand your frustration at having to wait, please note that Bleeping Computer deals with several hundred requests for assistance such as yours on a daily basis. As a result, our backlog is quite large, as are other comparable sites that help others with malware issues. Athough our HJT Team members work on hundreds of requests each day, they are all volunteers who work logs when they can and are able to do so. No one is paid by Bleeping Computer for their assistance to our members.

Further, our malware removal staff is comprised of team members with various levels of skill and expertise to deal with thousands of malware variants, some more complex than others. Although we try to take DDS/HJT logs in order (starting with the oldest), it is often the skill level of the particular helper and sometimes the operating system that dictates which logs get selected first. Some infections are more complicated than others and require a higher skill level to remove. Without that skill level attempted removal could result in disastrous results. In other instances, the helper may not be familiar with the operating system that you are using, since they use another. In either case, you wouldn't want someone to assist you who is not familiar with your issue and attempt to fix it, would you?

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible.

Thank you for understanding.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users