Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fan Speed Resets

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 qbert0

qbert0

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:20 AM

I cannot get my fan speed to stay at 100% on my video card. I have used Riva Tuner and Evga precision but nothing will work. I will turn up the fan speed but once the card hits 70 degrees a nVidia fail safe fan speed puts in and puts in to lower fan speed like 35%, 41%, or 50%. I have set up fan profiles on Riva Tuner but the fan speed till goes down. I have tried modding the bios with Nibitor but apparently nVidia`s new card doesn't have the circuitry for changing the min duty cycle on the video card in the bios. I am stuck and I cannot live with 70 degrees celsius idle temp and up to 90+ gaming. I have good air flow through my case with one fan sucking in at front one blowing out on the back and two on the side blowing out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users