Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ewido questions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 im_no_good_with_computers

im_no_good_with_computers

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 31 August 2005 - 05:41 PM

evry time i do a scan wit hewido security suite the same malware comes up everyscan
is this bad?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 highlander

highlander

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 31 August 2005 - 07:48 PM

What is it actually finding? Have you tried another scan such as trend or Panda to find out if/what is really in your bot?
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.

#3 im_no_good_with_computers

im_no_good_with_computers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 31 August 2005 - 07:57 PM

i also use spybot spysweeper and adaware and after they find stuff and fix it they dont reapeat the same stuff again

#4 highlander

highlander

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:51 PM

True enough, I love Spysweeper, Adaware and Spybot are both good although occasionally they have delisted malware (claria/gator/gain for example) so I always suggest a monthly scan with either;
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
or
http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/acti...n_principal.htm
There are many others out there but I've found these to be reliable and honest.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users