Posted 06 February 2010 - 08:53 PM
So a couple years ago i spent a ton of time adjusting my windows XP settings to get maximum bandwidth potential. It had worked. Using a couple patches and CableNut, in addition to tweaking various things, my dling and browsing speed went up considerably. Using optimum Online which unrealistically promises 15mbits for the user, i actually maxed out around that with torrents. Everything was going fine until like an idiot i saw a video on youtube for an application you can get off GetFullSpeed.com which was supposed to increase my dl speed further. The only reason i cared was because my browsing seemed sluggish recently. I figured it would be no big deal because whatever it would do i could always reverse. i ran it and it literally brought my dl capacity to a halt. Whereas i was dling movies and music at around 1-1.2 MegaBYTEs, speedtest.org now says i'm dling at 1.2 Megabits. Please folks, short of reinstalling windows, do any of you have any decent input into this matter. I also understand how dumb this was of me, so for all of the forum floaters who offer nothing but crappy, uneducated advice, please hold off for now. I'm thinking that it is probably one type of setting that it altered that i don't know how to access because my CableNut settings were reset to default and still no speed difference.
Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal