Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ruined my net speed with GetFullSpeed.com

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MaCoDaMieNuTz

MaCoDaMieNuTz

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 06 February 2010 - 08:53 PM

So a couple years ago i spent a ton of time adjusting my windows XP settings to get maximum bandwidth potential. It had worked. Using a couple patches and CableNut, in addition to tweaking various things, my dling and browsing speed went up considerably. Using optimum Online which unrealistically promises 15mbits for the user, i actually maxed out around that with torrents. Everything was going fine until like an idiot i saw a video on youtube for an application you can get off GetFullSpeed.com which was supposed to increase my dl speed further. The only reason i cared was because my browsing seemed sluggish recently. I figured it would be no big deal because whatever it would do i could always reverse. i ran it and it literally brought my dl capacity to a halt. Whereas i was dling movies and music at around 1-1.2 MegaBYTEs, speedtest.org now says i'm dling at 1.2 Megabits. Please folks, short of reinstalling windows, do any of you have any decent input into this matter. I also understand how dumb this was of me, so for all of the forum floaters who offer nothing but crappy, uneducated advice, please hold off for now. I'm thinking that it is probably one type of setting that it altered that i don't know how to access because my CableNut settings were reset to default and still no speed difference.

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,769 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 07 February 2010 - 02:33 AM

Did you try system restore to some date from before tweaks?

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users