Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

TRENDnet Router TEW-652BRP 2.01 doesn't work

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ooweirdoo

ooweirdoo

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 06 February 2010 - 07:42 PM

Today I bought a TRENDnet router and tried to set it up but it didn't work.

I have Windows 7 and Time Warner Cable.

When you go to the router page (192.168.10.1), there will be a setup wizard pop up. On the booklet that comes along with the router, by pressing next next next and then choosing a connection type (I chose DHCP), it should work. However, I cannot go online.
I checked the tabs on the router page and saw empty DNS servers 1/2 so I put my DNS when i do ipconfig /all without the router (and then windows said I was connected to the internet) and it still doesn't work.

Edited by ooweirdoo, 06 February 2010 - 07:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 06 February 2010 - 11:56 PM

I am assuming you have it connected correctly. Modem to the WAN/Internet port on the router.

When the router is connected, what is your IP address? It should start with 192.168 if it starts with something else, you need to type ipconfig /release and hit Enter then type ipconfig /renew and hit Enter it should show a 192.168 and you should be able to surf. If it already started with 192.168 then we'll go from there.

Edited by CaveDweller2, 07 February 2010 - 12:00 AM.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 ooweirdoo

ooweirdoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:17 PM

I am assuming you have it connected correctly. Modem to the WAN/Internet port on the router.

When the router is connected, what is your IP address? It should start with 192.168 if it starts with something else, you need to type ipconfig /release and hit Enter then type ipconfig /renew and hit Enter it should show a 192.168 and you should be able to surf. If it already started with 192.168 then we'll go from there.

Thanks for replying, I used ipconfig /all and found that my default gateway, dhcp servers, and dns servers were 192.168.1.1 and same for ipv4 address
I have some screen shots of the router homepage... maybe i input something wrong.

Edited by ooweirdoo, 07 February 2010 - 03:25 PM.

#4 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 07 February 2010 - 05:16 PM

There should be a page showing the WAN information. This is the connection info from your ISP. Does it show 0.0.0.0 or an actual IP? Don't post it because that will be your REAL IP. Just curious if it is actually making a connection.

When they installed the cable did the installer have to get the MAC address off the PC? Try cloning the PC's MAC address to the router. There should be a page for it somewhere in the router.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#5 ooweirdoo

ooweirdoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2010 - 05:40 PM

There should be a page showing the WAN information. This is the connection info from your ISP. Does it show 0.0.0.0 or an actual IP? Don't post it because that will be your REAL IP. Just curious if it is actually making a connection.

When they installed the cable did the installer have to get the MAC address off the PC? Try cloning the PC's MAC address to the router. There should be a page for it somewhere in the router.

I think it was showing 0.0.0.0
and when the cable was installed, there was no need for MAC address. I'll try to clone it.

edit: IT WORKS I THNIK :thumbsup:
edit : yep it does
edit: tyvm lol

i tried to port forward and it worked but something is strange
Posted Image

Edited by ooweirdoo, 07 February 2010 - 05:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users