Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

update driver wizard not responding

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 malimala2002

malimala2002

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 31 August 2005 - 04:53 PM

hi

am not having a good day. I am operating on Win ME and my hubby bought me a sony NW-HD5 for my birthday. i plugged it all in and followed the instructions. i then plugged in the usb cable and it said that it couldn't find the driver for the player, so i directed it to the driver as it requested followed all the instructions and then on the last screen i click next and the comp freezes. i uninstalled and re-installed the whole software package and i also went on to sony and re-loaded a new driver and directed it to that instead, but it's still freezing in the same place. can anyone help me please and finally allow me to play with my toy before my birthday finishes. PLEASE.

Thanks

Malimala2002

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:29 PM

It sounds as if you have something running in the background that is causing a conflict with the install.

Go to:
Start>Run>(type) msconfig>Enter

Click on Startup Tab

Do a Google search on everything with a check mark and see what it is and if you need it running at startup.

Uncheck the ones that are not needed, restart your computer.

Turn off the Virus Software & Firewall via Right Clicking them on the right side of your taskbar, install your software, restart your computer.

Edited by River_Rat, 31 August 2005 - 09:30 PM.

#3 malimala2002

malimala2002
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2005 - 01:43 AM

hi

thx for your help. it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

malimala

:thumbsup:

#4 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2005 - 06:44 AM

You're Welcome

Glad to help

By the way