Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

C++ Runtime error

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 killmypc

killmypc

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 06 February 2010 - 04:44 PM

Posted Image

This is a friends computer that he purchased from a family member with no install or repair cd...
This error has just occurred within the last few days, and only occurs when trying to use his dvd player.
He has Norton 2010, and we have tried scanning with Malwarebytes also, thinking it could be some sort of virus...
We have uninstalled and reinstalled the Microsoft Visual runtime, as well as the last few updates, uninstalling the dvd player,rebooting and letting windows install it, all with no luck...

Any ideas are always appreciated, as the advice here is second to none.... :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 06 February 2010 - 05:41 PM

Make sure you have the C++ Redistributable installed.

#3 killmypc

killmypc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2010 - 07:34 PM

Yes, we installed the 2008 version... newest i think???
Got it from Microsoft website, but noticed there is a SP1 also, guess we'll try that one

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Programming/C...e-Package.shtml

also found a 2010 beta....but a little scared of it, but i guess if it doesn't work, haven't really lost anything...

Thx

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 06 February 2010 - 08:15 PM

There are also versions 2005.

#5 killmypc

killmypc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2010 - 08:32 PM

I saw those but thought the 08 would be more likely to work, but if all else fails, I'll give it a try..
Thx

#6 killmypc

killmypc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2010 - 05:39 PM

Well no joy yet... now it appears that the dvd shows up in device manager, and says it is functioning properly, but if clicked on in my computer, it says device not found.... we have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest drivers... maybe uninstall more updates and see what happens? baffled

#7 killmypc

killmypc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:30 PM

FIXED

It appears he had not checked the mfg website for the latest drivers after all... my apologies.
Thanks for your time!!!

#8 IdolHandz

IdolHandz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:23 AM

I am also having a similar problem with Vista on my laptop; only it is at my login screen. Loads windows fine until it reaches the screen to login. This message pops up. Click th OK button and it seems to refresh the screen, only to reload the same error message, and never allowing me to get to the point where I can login.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error

The application was been forced to terminate in an unusual way

I have ran Malware Bytes and Avast 5 and was unable to detect any threats. Also I have ran ComboFix to see if that had any effect. Installed the new Vista Service pack 2, and the updated C++ Redistributable for 2008. Nothing has changed. For the time being, I am living out of SAFE MODE which is a bit of a pain in the ass.

Is there anything I am missing...?

#9 killmypc

killmypc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:56 PM

:huh: I would start a new topic, as this one has been idle for over 4 months.... and also include a little more info, like the entire error message with the faulting application..
:huh:

There is a lot of good help here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users