Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Constantly Shut Down Due to "DCOM Server Process Launcher Service Terminated Unexpectedly"

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Verne Morland

Verne Morland

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 06 February 2010 - 04:21 PM

I have a problem that I have seen has occurred to others in this forum. I have tried to follow some of the advice, but without complete success.

About a week ago one of my PCs started showing this RUNDLL message on startup - "Error loading ruyopaku.dll" - and 10-15 minutes later the system would shut itself down. I would get the message "System Shutting Down. Shutdown Initiated By NT Authority System" and "DCOM Server Process Launcher Service Terminated Unexpectedly". The computer would then shut down after the 60 second countdown timer expired. For a while I was successful in stopping the shutdown by going to START/RUN/ and typing "shutdown -a". I ran an AVG antivirus scan and it found some things that I quarantined, but that did not solve the problem.

So on a recommendation from this forum, I downloaded, installed, and ran Malwarebytes which found quite a few additional viruses and trojans which I also quarantined. I no longer get the missing DLL message on startup, but the system continues to reboot itself and now even the "shutdown -a" does not stop it. I also tried hitting F8 on startup and selecting the option for "No automatic reboot on system failure" but that seems to have no effect either - the system continues to shut itself down and reboot, typically every 5 minutes or so. It's not enough time to do anything - download software, run a scan, etc.

So, the situation is that before I can download and install HijackThis or any other tools to deal with the problem, I must first get to the point where the system does not shutdown and reboot every 5 minutes.

A solution for this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Verne Morland

Edited by Orange Blossom, 06 February 2010 - 09:31 PM.
Move to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users