Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pri master hard disk:S.M.A.R.T status bad

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 saika21

saika21

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 06 February 2010 - 03:39 PM

hi i have a sony vaio xp computer and ive started having problems. when switching on, an american megatrends page comes on where it states Pri master hard disk:S.M.A.R.T status bad. it takes a very long time to load and when it does it is very slow. i have access to internet on that computer but i did before. ive read around and it has stated it could mean the hard drive may need replacing. firstly, is there anyway i can avoid this as i have a lot of work on this computer that i do not want to lose. also if i do need to replace it, can i transfer my work anywhere or save it before it completely goes. any help is much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 skoop

skoop

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 06 February 2010 - 03:54 PM

Check out this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.M.A.R.T. and read. If I was you I would save all of my important things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users