Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keep getting error message saying "Application cannot be executed. The file ***** is infected. Do you want to activate your antivirus software now?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 LSUdude

LSUdude

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 06 February 2010 - 01:45 PM

Hey, my Symantic anitvirus recently popped up saying i was infected with a Trojan and it said it deleted it. However right after this happened I started getting windows security alerts saying my computer is infected and i should activate my antivirus software. Also anytime i try to open an .exe file i get the application cannot be executed....error message. Various other pop ups also appear randomly telling me im infected. Also, every now and then ill get popups from internet explorer from various sites i've never seen before. So far, I've run rkill.exe so I can open some .exe files and I have run Malawarebytes' anti malware and superantispyware and both programs found some infected files, but even after deleting these infected files, the same things keep happening. I am not sure what else to do. Please let me know what steps I should take. Thank you.

Edited by LSUdude, 06 February 2010 - 01:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users