Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Scope of Knowledge - not enough

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 goodguyndfw

goodguyndfw

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 06 February 2010 - 12:56 PM

Greetings. I've been living with intensive cpu usage (and slow computer) for some time now but now I'm tired of it. Even as I type this, there is a latency between keypress and display. I'm not a tech newbie but must admit, I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what is happening and can't.

I look now to someone here to provide some advice. I've had this machine for a long time and don't want to wipe and reload please. I have a HiJxxthis log I can post and yes, you may roll your eyes when you see a few of the things running but maybe you will give me a pass on those.

Anyone have a couple of minutes to take a look for potential issues? I have tried MalWare, Spybot and AVG which all come back ok but something is not right. I am wondering if this could be a pretty high end logger that's really good at hiding? Or maybe a cheap one I'm just not bright enough to track down.

Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

I'm up for feedback.

-G

Edited by Orange Blossom, 06 February 2010 - 10:05 PM.
Move to AII since log was removed by poster. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users