Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless problem with Dell Inspiration 1525

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tpm

tpm

• Members
  • 355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 06 February 2010 - 12:42 PM

Hello
I have my brothers Dell 1525 running Vista and it cannot see any wireless connections. I can tell it actually sees them but it can't connect. What else should i check and is a reinstall in order?
thank you
Tom

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:56 AM

Are you trying to connect to your own wireless network?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 tpm

tpm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 08 February 2010 - 12:53 PM

Yes but it happened with any wireless connection. I wound up doing a factory reinstall and is now working fine. In addition I found the computer never downloaded any windows Updates, they all failed. That has been resolved also. My brother came to pickup the computer and when he turned it on to check it out I had noticed there were 2 more Windows Updated to be installed. As the updates started downloading it went to a "Blue screen" :thumbsup: . Working now though and told him to keep an eye on it

Thanks for replying
Tom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users