Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Alureon.ct constantly respawning after repeated removals

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JTheTurtle

JTheTurtle

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 06 February 2010 - 12:02 PM

Hello there, We've had this computer for quite a while and it has picked up quite the collection of photographs and documents from my father's business as well as many of my school documents. Unfortunately disaster has struck, our computer is running at an awkward pace currently and a particular virus is being picked up.

PROBLEM:
Aleuron.ct being detected by MSE, can be "removed" but it returns upon system reboot.
(details: google redirections as well as other browser redirections, tdlcmd being detected on every scan)
No safe mode available, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA blue screen on safe mode boot
(possibly related issue) computer lags about every four minutes for four minutes even on non internet activities such as powerpoint programs.

ATTEMPTS AT CURE:
I have attempted to clear temporary internet files through the browser, it works but when I attempt to manually delete the temp internet files, I cannot reach the temp internet files folder at all. HP_Owner folder is inaccessible to me even when using an administrator account.
Repeated scans with MSE and Avast!, unable to remove tdlcmd.

SYSTEM: Windows XP Home edition

Will I be able to resolve this without needing to resort to a clean reinstall because I do not want to lose all of our data?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JTheTurtle

JTheTurtle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 08 February 2010 - 05:55 PM

How long does it typically take for assistance? I am starting to have difficulty restraining myself from taking the matter into my own hands currently.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users