Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP internet security

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 studioevideo

studioevideo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 06 February 2010 - 11:28 AM

I was browsing web and I started receiving internet security pop ups. I may have clicked on one of the icons (because it looks real) but soon realized that something wasn't right so I unplugged my internet connection. I continued to receive the pop ups of internet security and that my xp was not a licensed version.

I searched the web on my other computer and came across:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...irus-vista-2010

Looked like the solution.

Ran Malwarebyte's Anti Malware. On the restart my computer never really turned off, all icons were gone, task bar was gone. Then the pop ups came back. I could still see my wallpaper.

Thinking that the computer needed to totally restart, I turned off the computer and restarted. The computer starts but not does not boot into the OS. Monitor stays black and goes to sleep. Keyboard and mouse do not light up.

As per some of your other posts, I will stop thinking( touching things) and await your reply.

Thanks a bunch for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 whiteac2k4

whiteac2k4

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 06 February 2010 - 01:13 PM

Did you happen to do anything to the Registry? Can you boot to safemode. If you can access the safemode screen try to boot to Last known Good config. Malwarebytes removes things from Reg but nothing system related that would cause your machine to not boot properly. My guess is you now have a hardware related problem and should ask similar questions in the hardware forum. Does the machine make any beeping sounds when you try to reboot. Does the POST screen load. (black screen with words before OS loads).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users