Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need to convert an arabic displaying computer to english

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 shashman

shashman

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:33 AM

I am trying to help a friend with his computer. Problem is he has a laptop that is set up in arabic, that is the filenames, the settings options and everything appears in arabic. It is not just the keyboard input, which is set up to use different languages through the regional and language settings in the control panel. I dont understand arabic, so is there a way to make the computer start displaying everything in english so that I can see what going on, and then have a way to set it back to being arabic?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 06 February 2010 - 02:12 PM

If it's Windows 7 Enterprise and Ultimate, you can get Multilingual User Interface Pack: http://windows7center.com/tutorials/how-to...acks-mui-packs/

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 shashman

shashman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2010 - 04:06 PM

thanks ill try it. I hope those are free
:huh:

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,772 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2010 - 04:10 PM

I may be wrong, but I believe they're surely free for Ultimate, but may be not free for Enterprise.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#5 shashman

shashman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:18 PM

Yes, they are free for windows enterprise and ultimate. But the computer I am looking at has windows vista 32 bit, and everything on it appears in arabic, that is when you click say control panel, all the options are arabic. well actually even the menu is all in arabic. And I was thinking, there must be a way to get everything to display in english, and then have it switch back to arabic. How can that be done

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,772 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2010 - 11:29 PM

It's posted in "Windows 7" section, but there is very same download for Vista.
Again, Ultimate, or Enterprise.
If you have one of those two, ask your Arab friend to help you download packs, install them and convert computer to English.
Fix the computer and convert it back to Arabic version.
If you don't have any of those two Vista versions, unfortunately nothing can be done.

My Website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users