I am having the classic prob of Google redirection. It happens in IE7 and also in Mozilla Firefox (FF) 3.6. In FF it only happens when I do a google search, get the results, and then open some results in other tabs (use open in a new tab option). It goes to all kinds of sites.
If I simply click on a Google result in FF then I get the correct page. So it is only when I choose to open in a new tab. Of crs I want to be able to do this!
Other search engines do not give me this problem.
I have run Combofix and I have tried to replace the files declared in the log as having 'rootkit hooks' such as classpnp.sys, atapi.sys, acpi.sys by expnading from the winXP SP3 CD RENAMING THE SYS FILES IN WINDOWS/SYSTEMS32/DRIVERS and copying the files from the CD in that location. I am not sure if this has worked, most likely I do not know what i am doing. Iastor.sys coudl not be replaced as it was in use.
I ran ComboFix again now, and I attach the log. It seems the same hooks are present so prolly i an barking at the wrong tree.
I have used Combofix before albeit in a careless manner and had to reinstall Win and all the apps. So I am very weary and wanetd to do a fix 'by hand' instead.
EDIT I uploaded a new combofix log using the latest combofix (the log is very similar tho). I also attach a Hijack This 2.0.2 log
Edited by advapr, 06 February 2010 - 07:29 PM.
Moved from Windows XP Home and Pro, as there is a CF log included ~Pandy