Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't upload a single thing, no e-mail attachments, photobucket, imageshack - uploading just doesn't work

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 teamo23

teamo23

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:16 PM

Hi guys, I tried to browse through the archives but I can't find a solution nor a situation that fits mine. My computer simply refuses to upload documents. I think this started around the time I downloaded winrar but I have since then uninstalled winrar. Does anyone have any idea of how to go about this? I'm about to throw the computer out the window but I know that is not going to help me... might scare the computer into working though.... anyways, I have no idea what to do or where to start. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:44 PM

Teamo, when the uploads fail, what message are you receiving? A little more information would be helpful.

Are your security programs up-to-date and have you run scans?

Rosie

Edited by TulsaRose, 05 February 2010 - 07:46 PM.

WinXP Pro sp3 \ Firefox, Panda, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster

#3 teamo23

teamo23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 05 February 2010 - 08:13 PM

Rosie, I have done all scans and no virus has been detected. This seems to be a technical problem vs. a trojan. If I upload on ImageShack it says 'no image was uploaded' and on yahoo it says "Ouch…there's a problem attaching picture-1.jpg. (37KB) Remove | Retry "

#4 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 06 February 2010 - 08:22 AM

Good morning, Teamo. Taking another look at your posts, I would like to know the process you are using in your upload attempts. When the host site or email program asks for the upload location, are you clicking on Browse and finding the image where you have it on your computer, then clicking on the image?

"Ouch…there's a problem attaching picture-1.jpg. (37KB) Remove | Retry " looks as if you may be trying to Copy and Paste, which won't work.

Rosie

WinXP Pro sp3 \ Firefox, Panda, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users