Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spybot and MS antispyware BETA

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 missfilippa

missfilippa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 31 August 2005 - 12:00 PM

These two programs have some sort of connection. Each time I log on the the Internet, my usual page does NOT appear. I have to first go to the list of things atthe bottom right of the screen and disable SPYBOT I.E. RESIDENT. Then Ihave
to close out the Spybot square that appears on my screen.

Then I click into the internet., then I have to close it and then, on the 2nd try to get into Internet Explorer, I get to my Yahoo home page and all is well.

But, I still get these messages that Spybot is declining a change in registry. I cannot read this registry because the Spybot square box on my desktop in only readable half way dow.

My computer is NOT acting slowly or peculiarly. I just don's like this interference by Microsoft constantly takine me to the Microsoft UPDATES page whenever I try to access Interenet Explorer for the first time during a session.

This is somewhat bothersome and I don't know how to really fix it. ANyone out there who can helo me?? missfilippa

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 31 August 2005 - 12:45 PM

Open spybot, look in the upper left hand corner and click mode. Make sure it is set to the default position.
Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

#3 micaman

micaman

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 03 September 2005 - 12:22 AM

You might want to remove the Resident TeaTimer help, if selected. First open Spybot and then click on the "mode" tab. Then click on the "advanced" tab. Next click on the "tools" tab and then the "resident" tab. Remove the check next to TeaTimer. Leave the check next to the SD Helper. Now click on the "mode" tab again and click "default." This should stop the interference. If you continue to have problems, I would install HiJack This! and post a log of the scan results in the HiJack This! Topic here at Bleeping. These programs are compatible and this sounds more like a setting that needs to be changed or you could be infected with some type of malware.

You can get HiJack This! at; http://www.micaspecialties.org/lockdown.htm view down the page to the Scrub up section and download all 4 of the programs if you do not have them already. They are well respected and free, so why not fix this problem right, while protecting yourself from future headaches?!

More than likely, you will need to post a HiJack This! log to verify that you are running a clean system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users