Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Networking Computers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pinkispretty706

pinkispretty706

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 31 August 2005 - 11:55 AM

okay well i am very new to the computer experience so i may need you to explain this to me. All of my computer are networked i have 6 computers they are all connected to a router i have Comcast. Well we just moved one of the computers to another room, we ran the cord that hooks the computer to the room and plugged it back in. But now the internet doesn't work and i have no ip address on that computer. It is plugged in correctly and all. Is there a program that i have to run or like do i have to go to start and run and do some kind of config thing. i am very lost and confused. If someone could walk me through it step by step i would appreciate it. The computer is Windows XP. I have aim so if you would like you could explain on there for me how to do it or you could leave a post. Thanks alot and i hope to hear from someone soon. aim; pinkispretty706
Thanks,
Danielle

Edited by pinkispretty706, 31 August 2005 - 11:58 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 01 September 2005 - 10:06 PM

-click start
-click run
-type in "cmd"
-a small black box will open up, click on the curser, type in the following>>>>
"ipconfig /release"
-it will release your ip address, then will show you a bunch of zeros for your ip address 0.0.0.0
-now type in "ipconfig /renew" now it will renew your ip address.

-if for some reason your ip address didnt release or renew, post another reply and tell me the error you get, it could be a bad end on your ethernet cable, or your nic may be disabled or creeped out of the socket from moving it. let me know anyway
Google...Google.....browse..read

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users