Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anti-virus and Anti-spam apps gone

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lone Star

Lone Star

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 31 August 2005 - 11:07 AM

Hello
This morning when I sat in front of my computer, I noticed that my firewall and anti-spam programs were not running. Some other programs that normally run in the system tray were also not running. The weird thing was that my internet connection was still up.
My WinTasks program wouldn't run when I clicked on the desktop icon, so I disconnected my internet and ran the anti-virus program. Nothing. So I ran the anti-spam program.Nothing. I even ran Spybot. Nothing. I ran Registry Mechanic and there were a few things that it fixed. To be safe I ran Restore, and everything seems to be fine now. Malware???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 31 August 2005 - 06:30 PM

Possibly even a hacker. are you using a hardware/software firewall? if not, consider at least a hardware firewall and check out some of the free firewalls. this is better then nothing
http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/comp...reeDownload.jsp
Google...Google.....browse..read

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users