Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

portable apps?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kitkin15

kitkin15

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:34 PM

how can i make a program portable? im going to start making my own programs and i want to make them portable. than i have some programs that i am allowed to change, so i want to make them portable as well.

thanks for any help, and i could use instructions on using the program. i looked at innoump or something like that and i have NOOOO idea how to use it.
Fix everything, if nothing is left to fix than break something.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fallendream

fallendream

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:14 PM

by portable you mean on a memorystick?
thats easy - keep the entire prog. files as low as possible - then install it to a memory stick.

if you mean for iphones (eww) androids etc. im not sure. sorry.

#3 kitkin15

kitkin15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2010 - 08:46 PM

haha ya on a flashdrive (8gig) i already have over 100 programs that i use daily (thats right, i have no life).

lol and you dont like apple eaither? your awesome lol.

i know i can do that, but i dont like it. i want to actiouly make it portable, so it wonr install. i know that theres a program to do it for U3 programs, but thats not what im looking for, i want to keep the application in ".exe" format. U3 programs are in a whole different format that i dont like.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 05 February 2010 - 10:06 PM

http://www.pendriveapps.com/bootit-lexar-u...media-bit-tool/
http://www.pendriveapps.com/software/build-your-own/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 kitkin15

kitkin15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2010 - 01:05 PM

thanks, i have both of the programs at: http://www.pendriveapps.com/software/build-your-own/
and i found that"Universal Extractor Extract Files from any type of archive" works pretty well, but i think "Innounp The Inno Setup Unpacker" will work better, but i dont understand it compleatly. i am going to re-read the info on it, but if you can give me any more info that would be very helpful

Edited by kitkin15, 08 February 2010 - 01:07 PM.

#6 666philb

666philb

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:29 PM

i found this,

http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1452#comments

'jauntePE' i haven't used it but there's a link to a dedicated forum on the page

http://sites.google.com/site/jauntepe/Home...video-tutorials

Edited by 666philb, 04 May 2010 - 07:16 AM.

#7 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:53 PM

by portable you mean on a memorystick?
thats easy - keep the entire prog. files as low as possible - then install it to a memory stick.

Well if would help if you told use which programmiing language you are using. Each one has its own runtime file/supplements for that app to work. :thumbsup:

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

#8 Shadow Slash

Shadow Slash

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:58 PM

Hi,

If you have some budget, just make the program and find a CLEAN windows machine. Create an installer for the program then use VMWare's ThinApp program. That will keep it portable for sure!! :thumbsup:

NOTE:
When I said CLEAN Windows Machine, I meant a newly installed Windows in a machine where it has minimal or no other programs installed and sure to have no viruses at all..

Edited by Shadow Slash, 12 May 2010 - 11:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users