Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

video is jerky

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shashman

shashman

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 05 February 2010 - 11:57 AM

I just replaced the video card on my computer because my old one went out. N ow the problem is that whenever I play videos on my computer, whether disks like from blockbusters or netflix or from online sources like youtube, the video is very jerky. Also when I view images on my computer like family pictures and move them up or down on the screen, the movement is very jerky. Has this behavior got something to do with the video card and if so how do I fix it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,280 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2010 - 11:58 AM

Did you uninstall the old video drivers...and then install drivers for the replacement?

Louis

#3 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 05 February 2010 - 03:40 PM

What are your refresh rates set to?
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#4 shashman

shashman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:25 PM

i forgot to go to the website to download the drivers. The ones that came with the card were no good. Anyway when I downloaded and installed the drivers from the website, voila. worked like a charm

Thanks

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,280 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2010 - 05:42 PM

Glad you got it working, happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users