Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Product Key Requested for MS Office 2007

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DrG123

DrG123

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 05 February 2010 - 10:41 AM

I am in the middle of a project and my coworker is sending me excel spreadsheets created from MSOffice Home and Student 2007 package. She saves it in older .xls formats but no matter what, I am being asked for the 25 character Product Key to configure-setup MSOffice 2007 on my computer. Without that my grace period will end and I will no longer be able to open these attachments. She is also sending me word documents and there is no product key and configuration issue with these. Is there some way around the excel configuration/setup screen so I can continue working in XP with her attachments or has microsoft figured out a way to make be buy their newer software?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 05 February 2010 - 11:12 AM

<<Is there some way around the excel configuration/setup screen so I can continue working in XP with her attachments or has microsoft figured out a way to make be buy their newer software?>>

No...yes.

Microsoft is in the business of selling licenses for use of their products, this is not news. OTOH, Microsoft does not compel any user to use their products, just as any other vendor does not do so.

A visit to the MS Office website may provide you with more alternatives/info.

Louis

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:16 PM

Please read this for safe legal ways to do what you want
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/222911/microsoft-office-viewers/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users