Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

svchost.exe

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 in cog

in cog

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 05 February 2010 - 10:10 AM

Hi....I was wondering if someone could tell me please if a total of 10 svchost.exe processes is normal to be in my task manager with nothing open except for my antivirus program? One of the 10 is using 46,296K of memory…the other 9 are ranging from 2928K to 7196K of memory .Thanks much :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2010 - 11:07 AM

What is svchost.exe And Why Is It Running the How-To Geek - http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vis...-is-it-running/

How to determine what services are running under a SVCHOST.EXE process - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/list-services-running-under-svchost.exe-process/

AFAIK, the number of entries for svchost.exe will vary according to what is installed/running on your system. I currently reflect 8 entries and I don't allow fluff to run on my systems.

Louis

#3 in cog

in cog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:33 PM

Hi Louis...thanks much for the information and taking the time to answer my question.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:43 PM

Easily done, happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users