Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

vista transformation pack

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 bandaid1968

bandaid1968

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:45 AM

for those who dont have vista and would like to see what it looks like an your pc you download a vista transformation pack it called a brico pack im running it on pc and it realy cool you can get it here http://en.crystalxp.net/bricopack.php
good luck

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2005 - 03:01 PM

I'm running it right now, and I must say, I like what I see. I've only had it for 5 minutes, but it seems to be running smoothly. :huh:

One thing I hate is the stupid "Mac" dock at the top.... :huh:

Edited by yanowhiz, 31 August 2005 - 03:02 PM.

#3 bkrafty

bkrafty

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2005 - 10:21 PM

I'm running it right now, and I must say, I like what I see. I've only had it for 5 minutes, but it seems to be running smoothly. :huh:

One thing I hate is the stupid "Mac" dock at the top.... :huh:

yeah, what the heck!

that's not even on vista at all. that's some mod that they must've done. there's a few other screen shots up there that are way off from what vista really looks like.

#4 Battletops

Battletops

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2005 - 06:22 PM

Well, if you didn't already know, you can disable that feature by unchecking the corresponding box when you install the transformation pack. I don't even know why they made it an option to install that; People want Vista, not OS X.

I only downloaded the program so I could rip the login screen and replace the stupid XP one. Microsoft should have planned for how old the XP login screen would get.

Edited by Battletops, 03 September 2005 - 06:23 PM.

#5 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2005 - 01:31 AM

i have the Transformation pack for vista but haven't yet installed it as i heard some people couldn't un-install it so i got a bit on the iffy side of it. i saw screen shots and i like what i saw. i used to have the longhorn transformation pack on my old computer but since it's officially Vista i took it off to find a vista one but not sure if i will install it. As i noticed some of the longhorn transformation pack didn't uninstall everything like the outlook express icon and internet explorer icon.

#6 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2005 - 04:41 AM

my neighbour had an old laptop in which i tried that vista transformation pack. i thought it was crap. Only liked the welcom screen and shut down screen. all the themes it installed were the same as in StyleXP or WindowsBlinds. The internet Explorer icon wasn't clear to see it was an e. i reckon the longhorn transform pack was a much better download.

#7 flexxy

flexxy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2005 - 06:11 AM

guys i am realy happy about the vista thing but what i want to know is,is it replacing longhorn? may anyone around tell me where can i get the full version :huh:

#8 Battletops

Battletops

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2005 - 01:58 PM

Vista IS Longhorn...the OS is still in development, so there really isn't a full version. You can get the beta versions via torrent.

#9 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2005 - 05:50 AM

Longhorn was a codename for the new windows as they didn't have a new yet, like windows xp, it's codename was whistler or something. Windows Vista is the official name for the new windows late nex year.

#10 flexxy

flexxy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2005 - 09:09 AM

thanks for the enlighting me please contact me at buthelezibongani@gmail.com i believe you know a lot more do you know where i can go to get the full version of vista

#11 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2005 - 05:37 AM

Beta 1 is out but i don't think it's available for the public but i think Beta 2 is scheduled for November - The next beta version of Microsoft's operating system is expected in November. The new beta version of Vista will have its graphic component a little bit readier than before as it's already time to start working on a user interface and the gaming part of the API. from site http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=12076. may be for the public. where to get i'm unsure.

#12 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2005 - 01:49 AM

i found a better vista pack from this site http://www.joejoe.biz/joejoe/vcp.html though it hasn't many themes as the longhorn pack but is better than that other one. :huh:

#13 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2005 - 06:54 AM

Oh by the way with tha Vista Pack, be warned install at your own risk.
I uninstalled it and went to reboot and hey a files was missing and could not reboot luckily the windows CD had a repair option which saved my neck. maybe i need to make a back up of my system for things like that or just wate til vista actually comes out.

#14 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2005 - 02:37 PM

How did you uninstall it? I can't find it under "Add/Remove programs" nor can I find an "uninstaller." I'm thinking about running the scanfix /? or whatever to replace my windows files.

#15 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2005 - 03:10 PM

DO you still have the the installer for windows Vista Pack? If so run it, but click on the UNINSTALL instead of INSTALL. If not re-download the installer. If you get problems after uninstalling it IE won't boot because a file is missing or something you will have to boot from your WIndows XP CD and do a repair installation sorry no other way if you can't get into Safe mode. But i hope you don't get the same problem. If you ask me That Vista and the Longhorn 1o.5 packs are very scary to install because of the message that come up saying files version are different, nsert windows xp now etc. But with Longhorn 10.5 pack, uninstalling ti turned out ok. Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users