Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with annoying redirecting

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 in cog

in cog

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:20 AM

HI... :trumpet: Be forewarned, I'm not that computer savvy AND blonde and female...(3 strikes I'm out???) :thumbsup: Anyway.. recently I was blessed with Internet Security 2010. By using your removal instructions, and the help of a friend, I was able to remove the friendly lil' fellow. I was unable to use my browser, task manager and several other things along with not allowing me to start in Safe Mode when I got it. I couldn't even update my Malwarebytes because it took that capability out. Mozilla Firefox is my browser of choice, but it also took out IE. When I tried to access IE as an alternative route, it notified me that it would fix itself by taking out the LSP (Layered Service Provider) file that was blocking it? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Layered_Service_Provider Anyway, I at least got the browser back and was able to update Malwarebytes. I followed BC's instructions how to remove Internet Security 2010 (Thanks much for that!!!!) and I have run Malwarebytes several times since...(updating daily now) I do it every few days and it is coming back clean. I don't know if Internet Security 2010 is embedded further into my PC, BUT when I use Google now...it wants to redirect me to other sites on most searches. If I type in Wiki for a search, I will go directly to Wiki, but random searches redirect me. I have found that if I watch it when I do a search and BEFORE it has a chance to redirect, just by hitting "go back a page" and trying again...the search will take me where I want to go. It's still annoying though and takes longer to reach my destination.

If you could please help me, I'd be so grateful and appreciative. Simple instructions..all the better..lol Thanks much for any help. I hope I've provided all information that you need to know. :flowers:

I'm using Windows XP Home Edition - Version 2002 SP-3
1 GB RAM - AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+
I'm using Avast Version 4.8 Professional
Windows Firewall
I run Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware regularly (more frequently now)

Let me get ahold of any one of these horrible low-life people that start these infections...

(Moderator edit: post moved to more appropriate forum. jgw)

Edited by in cog, 06 February 2010 - 05:25 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users