Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Baby Born Outside The Womb!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SaxonManFinland

SaxonManFinland

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:07 AM

'Special' baby grew outside womb. August 30th 2005 BBC World News
Lisa and Millie-An Pittman
Lisa Pittman with her miracle baby Millie-An
A baby girl has survived and been delivered by emergency Caesarean after growing in her mother's abdomen.

Doctors at Lister Hospital in Stevenage only realised Millie-An Pittman was in the wrong place when her mother Lisa was admitted for a caesarian operation.

The 27-year-old, from Letchworth in Hertfordshire, had been told she would find it hard to have children.

Baby Millie-An, whose name is a play on the words "one in a million", was delivered weighing 8lb 7oz.

"I'm just happy to be alive and I'm in love with my daughter. I don't feel as though I've lost anything, I've just gained.

"She is my one in a million and that's why I called her Mille-An."

Consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist Douglas Salvesen said Lisa's case was "incredibly rare".

"The odds against one going undetected, reaching full term and for the baby to be delivered and the mother to survive are literally huge," he said.

"In so many ways Millie-An is a very special baby indeed and it's great to hear that she and Lisa are doing so well."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 31 August 2005 - 03:17 PM

Wow this is amazing. Just when you first hear its possible then it happens.

Also could you please link us?

#3 SaxonManFinland

SaxonManFinland
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 31 August 2005 - 03:37 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bu...rts/4197194.stm

Thats where you will find the story

As my wife is expecting our First Child in November, we just hope it is indeed a very very rear thing.............. :thumbsup:

#4 deerslayer

deerslayer

• Members
  • 322 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 01 September 2005 - 10:54 AM

I'm sure it is SMF. But we'll be praying for you and you wife to have a quick and easy delivery. :thumbsup: :flowers:
When I was born, I was so surprised I didn't talk for a year and a half!!!
Posted Image
signature done by EFIZZER!!!
If you're ever in the nut house, look me up.
~Deerslayer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users