Your logs look fine to me.Download and Run OTC
We will now remove the tools we used during this fix using OTC
Cleaning and creating restore points
- Download OTC by OldTimer and save it to your desktop.
- Double click icon to start the program. If you are using Vista, please right-click and choose run as administrator
- Then Click the big button.
- You will get a prompt saying "Begin Cleanup Process". Please select Yes.
- Restart your computer when prompted.
- Click Start, right click My Computer and select properties.
- Select the System Restore tab then check the box "Turn off System Restore".
- Click Apply then Ok, then restart your computer
- Now follow these steps again, but instead of checking "Turn off System Restore" Uncheck it.
Now that you have cleaned out you restore points you need to set a new restore point
- Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
- Select "Create a restore point" then click Next.
- Type a name under Restore point description then click Create.
Additional instructions can be found here
if needed.Note: This does not need to be done on a regular basis.
Congratulations! You now appear clean!
Now that you are clean, please follow these simple steps in order to keep your computer clean and secure:Keeping Windows updated
It is extremley important to keep windows upto date with the latest service pack and patches. This will prevent you
from getting the malware which uses vulnerabilities found in windows to exploit your computer. The easiest way to
do this this is by making sure that Automatic Updates are always enabled.
To do this Click
>> Control Panel
>> Automatic updates
and click Automatic (recommended)
and OkUpdate your AntiVirus Software
It is imperative that you update your Antivirus software at least once a week (Even more if you wish). If you do not
update your antivirus software then it will not be able to catch any of the new variants that may come out. If you
use a commercial antivirus program you must make sure you keep renewing your subscription. Otherwise, once your
subscription runs out, you may not be able to update the programs virus definitions.Make sure your applications have all of their updates
It is also possible for other programs on your computer to have security vulnerability that can allow malware to infect you.
Therefore, it is also a good idea to check for the latest versions of commonly installed applications that are regularly
patched to fix vulnerabilities. You can check these by visiting Secunia Software Inspector
and Calendar of Updates.Install SpywareBlaster
SpywareBlaster will added a large list of programs and sites into your Internet Explorer settings that will protect you
from running and downloading known malicious programs.
A tutorial on installing & using this product can be found here:Using SpywareBlaster to protect your computer from Spyware and MalwareUse MVPS hosts file
Using a custom host file like the MVPS HOSTS file can help to block ads, banners, 3rd party Cookies,
3rd party page counters, web bugs, and even most hijackers. It doesn't use up any extra system resources
and may even speed up the loading of web pages. You can download and find instructions below.http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htmUpdate all these programs regularly
Make sure you update all the programs I have listed regularly. Without regular updates you WILL NOT
be protected when new malicious programs are released.
Follow this list and your potential for being infected again will reduce dramatically.