Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

low disk space on D and F

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 leeflea

leeflea

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:30 PM

For a couple weeks, I kept getting an error message saying that I was critically short of any more space on disks D and F. I tried everything but just gave up and called Dell. The man took over my compt and eliminated the problem for $49.99.
Then he said to prevent this in the future that I needed an external hard disk so I could back up files, etc. I did buy it for $79.00 because I really don't want this happening again.
How difficult is it to add an external hard drive? It's an Iomega with 350gb, I think. Or maybe it's 500 gb. :huh: :huh:
Might someone please be so kind as to respond to this?
Thank you leeflea.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:59 PM

While computer off....
Connect power cable to any power source and USB cable to any USB port on your computer.
Start the computer and you should see the drive in My Computer/Windows Explorer.
Click on it.
If no message, it's ready to go.
If it's not formatted, it'll ask you to format. All you need to do is to click OK.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users