Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to open Google and Online College Class Possible Infection?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dclary

dclary

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:03 PM

SYSTEM INFO:

Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Here is my problem. Starting yesterday, I was unable to log into my classroom but I didn't really think too much about it, figuring the class was down temporarily, however a day later, I am still unable to get logged into the classroom and I noticed that I cannot open Google either. I have talked to tech support at the school, who reports there is no problems on their end so it is definitely something going on with my computer.

To be more specific, I can log into the school and can access all areas accept for the classroom itself. The error message that I get for both the school and Google is...

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

It should be noted that I tried accessing the site from Firefox, IE and even download the Google Chrome browser....all with the same results.

Another thing I noticed that may be of help is that when I place the cursor on the link that leads to my class, I can see the address in the bottom of my browser, however as the site is trying to load, it changes to transferauthentication.next.ecollege.com and then the I get the error code. I am not sure if this is of any importance but I thought I would mention it just the same.

I did a little research myself and found a posting that said run cmd> ipconfig /flushDNS to solve the problem with Google. I did that and they were correct, it worked for Google (not the school) but only one time -- after trying again later I got the same error message.

I have tried clearing the browsers cache, ran my virus software (AVG Free), and ran Spybot twice. All of this to no avail, I am still having the same issues. I have assignments due today and I am starting to panic (lol). Seriously, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Diana

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dclary

dclary
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:49 AM

This issue has been resolved :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic