Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removed worm/trojan...now winRAR.exe errors.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 hicktownmom

hicktownmom

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:29 PM

OK. It all started when the computer started slowing donw, shutting programs, etc. We suspected a worm/trojan when we saw a Win32 error code.

I downloaded and used the SDFix and Super Anti-Spyware. SDFix didn't really tell me a lot, but Super Anit-Spyware noted in lamens terms that there was a backdoor trojan and a worm. SO, I thought we were done.

Now I keep getting winRAR.exe errors. I tried to run Super Anit-Spyware again and now it will start scanning, but before it reaches the end, it closes with this error "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application. You cannot close this with the red x. You HAVE to click the OK. But it doesn't really matter because the program has already quit at this point.

In addition, we keep getting these other pop-up errors (88 of them). An example of the error message is:

C:\DOCUME~1\JASON~1.D2C\MYDOCU~1\CALLOF~1.PRO\DVD2\sr-mw2b.rar: Cannot modify volume

or

C:\DOCUME~1\JASON\LOCALS~1\temp\TEMPOR~3.zip\gman.bsp: The archive is corrupt

If you close the errors, they just keep popping back up.

Any suggestions for this quick-study mom.

Thanks,
Robyn

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users