Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"NTLDR is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kaneda979

Kaneda979

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:12 PM

Here are my specs:

Compaq Presario

Model: SR5550F
Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5400+ (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 3.00 GB
Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium
-----------

Hello. My problem is when I boot up my computer all I get is this "NTLDR is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart". I can still get into bios, but that's it. I've desided to order the recovery discs for my computer to do a full system recovery, hoping that will fix it.

My question is though, will the discs fix this "NTLDR is missing" thing, or will I have to fix it some other way??

Really appreciate any help you can give me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CoolCatBad

CoolCatBad

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 05 February 2010 - 03:55 AM

You can do a repair with the Vista Recovery Disc download from Neosmart.

http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EBCD/Reco...er+from+the+DVD

#3 Kaneda979

Kaneda979
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:11 PM

You can do a repair with the Vista Recovery Disc download from Neosmart.

http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EBCD/Reco...er+from+the+DVD

Thanks, but I've already tried this and the disc didn't do anything. After making the disk and putting it in, then rebooting, it just gets to an all black screen with a white blinking underdash (_). The "NTLDR is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart" doesn't even show up with the disc in. I've tryied pushing keys with the blinking dash sitting there, but nothing happens. All I can do is hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and it'll reboot again. And yup, I did set my bios to boot from CD/DVD before any hard drives, still, nothing works. :huh:

Is this disc I made from NeoSmart just like the one I would order from Hp Compaq though??

#4 CoolCatBad

CoolCatBad

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 05 February 2010 - 08:45 PM

NTLDR is for XP, bootmgr is what loads Vista.

#5 Kaneda979

Kaneda979
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:17 AM

NTLDR is for XP, bootmgr is what loads Vista.

Aye, so I've read. Not sure what your getting at though. This "NTLDR is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart" thing is all my computer will do at the moment. Not sure if I have to fix it first before I can get bootmgr to work or not. :huh:

I went on ahead and ordered the recov discs, since they were only $15. I guess now I'll find out one way of the other... :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users