Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SAFE MODE IN XP

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 johnny666

johnny666

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:07 PM

Hi,what is another to get into safe mode in winxp besides f8,as of right now i can get to safe mode but it will not let me go to where
the box is to type anything in it,i just got pc restarted after anti-virius 2010 infected my pc.
But when i use CTRL,ALT,DELETE it goe's to 100% cpu useage and i beleive there is something of the virius still in there,because
it showed 82 process's running.
Downloaded spybot search&destroy and it said i had 1862 temp. files which i deleted,ad-aware said i had 35 objects deleted same
Superantispyware is supposed to have a repair program in it which i will run when get back to infected pc also when i shut down
the infected pc it will not shut down completly it just stays screen forever until you override it manually,thank's

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:14 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...-antivirus-2010

try this

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:42 PM

Hello, moving this to the Am I Infected forum from XP.
Post the scan log when you are finished used the above mentioned guide. Let us know how it is running.

The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.

EDIT: Do NOT force safe mode

Edited by boopme, 04 February 2010 - 03:54 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 fallendream

fallendream

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:45 PM

you can turn your computer off when turning on (as soon as you can whilst turning on) and it will bring a screen up offering safe-mode if f8 doesnt work.

if i understood correctly :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users