Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gadoink-kadink bleeper?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Grant4u

Grant4u

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:05 PM

I have recently built a new computer running Windows XP. I am running simple, legal basic programs only so far and all has gone fine for 3 months. No one else has access to my PC so no "weird" sites visited.
I have suddenly gotten continuous "gadoink-kadink' sound :thumbsup: and an unknown "installer' appears.....I can't find the source or program which is trying to 'install' or up-date!
I have run AVG....no probs, and 'Spywarebegone'....nothing. I have done a system restore to before the prob began....still it persists....I have done a search for any new programs I don't know of which may have installed them selves.....nothing!

Does any one have any ideas how I find the 'gadoink' source (preferrably with out having to format & start from scratch?) :trumpet: :flowers:

Grant4u

EDIT: Moved to a more appropriate

Edited by garmanma, 04 February 2010 - 07:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fallendream

fallendream

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:36 PM

go to task manager and see if anything is running that shouldnt be is a good start.
try control panel -} add/remove programs then remove the ones you don't want.

alternatively you can run chkdsk for hard-drive problems.
mbam (malware bytes anti-malware), comodo and super anti-spyware for free legal scans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users