Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP Mouse Problem - HELP!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 angerli

angerli

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:31 PM

Hello, everyone!

I've begun to have a problem with my mouse. First it was with my Microsoft Trackball Explorer with currect software and drivers. Then, the same thing has happened with a new Logitech Trackball and current software and drivers:

After about 16-20 minutes, the click functions fail and I get an hourglass. The Mouse will still move the cursor. Only way to fix it is to do a shutdown by the PC's on-off button and reboot.

I have done serious virus scans and have no issues. No malware or spyware on my system. In addition, I'm running XP Professional, 3gb of memory, and have all up-to-date Windows Updates for XP.

Can someone give me an idea what might be happening, and what potential fix(es) might be?

Thanks!

Sandy

Edited by Amazing Andrew, 04 February 2010 - 02:58 PM.
Mod Edit: Removed e-mail address for your protection - AA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:52 PM

Download Autoruns for Windows: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx
No installation required.
Simply unzip Autoruns.zip file, and double click on autoruns.exe file to run the program.
Go File>Save, and save it as AutoRuns.txt file to know location.
You must select Text from drop-down menu as a file type:

Posted Image

Attach the file to your next reply.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 angerli

angerli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 06 February 2010 - 11:18 AM

Here's the file:

I've attached it per instructions. See below

Sandy

Attached Files

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 06 February 2010 - 12:30 PM

I can see, you're running PC MightyMax

http://rogueantispyware.blogspot.com/2009/...-mightymax.html

PC MightyMax is a fake spyware removal program, this software is a scan and should be avoided. PC's infected with this rogue antispyware should have it removed immediately.

PC MightyMax is installed without the users content, typically by the use of Trojans, disguised as video codecs. PC Mighty Max uses scare tactics, such as popups, fake system notifications and falsified system scan reports to get the user to buy the software.

I suggest, you start new topic at "Am I infected?" forum.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users