Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Application cannot be executed - Virus?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ilyas415

Ilyas415

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:04 AM

Hi. In the past 3 days I've been using my computer and small things such as Google search redirections (to completely different sites) have been occuring. When I came back from college yesterday, my computer was completely messed up.

Firstly, adult websites pop up now and then. On top of that, a malicious program called AntiVirus Soft has installed itself onto my computer and there is no way of closing it. It keeps coming up with messages in the windows tab saying stuff like "Windows Security Alert". Additionally, whenever I try opening something, the bleep hits the fan and a message pops up titled "Security Warning" which states that the:

"Application cannot be executed. The file ******* is infected.
Do you want to activate your antivirus software now?

When I click the Yes option in that box, it takes me to the AntiVirus Soft website which is in the spoiler below (but I wouldn't recommend visiting it in case it is also malicious...).

On top of this, I can't seem to boot the computer into safemode since it reboots while attempting to (I've never had this problem before).

Thank you.

[Edit] Also I do not seem to be able to load any other program instead of mozilla firefox or internet explorer.

Edited by Ilyas415, 04 February 2010 - 11:40 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ilyas415

Ilyas415
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 06 February 2010 - 12:09 PM

Bump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users