Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 huge problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 thepcnerd

thepcnerd

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:23 AM

Ok, so i have a new pc with a raid configuration as my main drive. my partitions on that drive got all screwed up, so i booted to the ubuntu live CD and fixed the drive (it required moving the main partition back) and after that its been nothing but problems. when i boot (i have windows 7 pro 64-bit, btw) normally now, it says "autochk program not found- skipping AUTOCKECK" then just restarts. when i got to the advanced boot menu and select "repair my computer" it says that "a needed device is inaccessible", and when i boot into safe mode if hangs on C:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\CLASSPNP.sys . and when i use the repair disk to try to repair it, it says it might have failed because of a newly installed drivers, but im like 99% sure its because of the partition move. i go into the command promt and i have tried bootrec.exe, and sbc commands to try and fix it but to no avail. i have no system images or backups, i could just copy all of the files onto my external drive and do a clean install, but i dont want to have to reinstall all of my software and restore all of my documents and settings. if i have to i will just do a clean install, but as absolute last resort. another last resort is (if it would be easier than installing windows, i can install ubuntu 9.10 64-bit. PLZ help!!! Thanks for your help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:25 PM

You can copy all your downloaded program 'setup's' and your documents to a CD. Much easier to re-install after a clean installation of Windows.

Here's some "light" reading about Raid (instructions and info)
http://bctis.com/page.php?5
http://compreviews.about.com/cs/pchardware.../a/aaBIOS_2.htm

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users