Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

W7 & Outlook 2003 RC vs. RTM on two user profiles

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 subtropical

subtropical

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:45 PM

Everything worked fine with the RC, both profiles.

When I put in the RTM I found that I can have OL2003 on one profile.
I put it one mine and it works great. I restart the puter to my wife's profile and try to install and poop.
I remove OL then install to my wife's profile IT WORKS. Then restart to my profile to find the same problem.

I'm the absent minded professor type. Sure there is one little thing I'm doing wrong... :huh:
:-)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:22 PM

Is there an option in the installation process to only install on the current user's profile? I see this a lot in program installations, and it's possible you overlooked it. This would theoretically keep you from installing it on other profiles (assuming that is the cause).

I do not use a software-based email client (all mine is in a browser), so I have no advice as far as that goes. Somebody with more OL knowledge could probably give you some more helpful advice, but for now, that's all I got.

Best of luck to you. :huh:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users