Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What virus(es) do I have that are messing with my antivirus and memory

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 janny2m

janny2m

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 08:10 PM

I am having issues with my computer having some sort of virus(es) that I can't fully remove. The virus(es) that are still on must be messing with the memory on the computer because in the lower RH corner of my computer, it has been saying something about memory being low and some processes may not work or something to that effect as well as it is still disabling my antivirus by turning my shields off so that I have to manually go in and turn them back on. The boot scan on the avast freezes up to not fully finish scanning too.

I have run CCleaner, then Malwarebytes, then tried to do a boot scan from avast but it still freezes up and doesn't complete. Then I ran Hijackthis and did a system scan and saved a log file. I have no idea how to get that log file to you. I tried to send it here by copying and pasting but I honestly don't know what I'm doing. The IT personnel from my work has given me step by step instructions to get as far as I have and now I am here. She thought you would want a log file but I will wait until you tell me how to do that if that's what you need.

I think this all started from trying to download iambigbrother which turns out is probably a scam company that sends viruses to your computer instead of a legitimate download. Please tell me what you need from me and give me very simple step by step instructions so I can do everything correctly.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 03 February 2010 - 08:16 PM.
Move to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users