Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I upgrade my internal graphics card???

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Maniac6521

Maniac6521

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:51 PM

I was looking to upgrade my graphics card, and it turns out that there is no slot for it in my computer. Is it possible to upgrade this anyways? I did notice that there is a little rectangle on my motherboard where it looks like I can install the pins into it. I just want to know if I can put the pins in my computer, and what kind of graphics card I need to get. Also, I still have my old computer which has the same basic setup, and was wondering if I could take the pins out of it and put them in this one. My computer is a Dell, and the service tag is FHKQW31 if it helps.

The "rectangle" is shown just above the three PCI slots.
Posted Image

Edited by Maniac6521, 03 February 2010 - 07:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 08:27 PM

Those look like standard PCI slots, so you can add a PCI Video card to the system.

Newegg - PCI Video Cards

Although these cards might offer better performance compared to the onboard graphics chipset, the memory bandwidth provided by a PCI slot isn't great. Lowest among the types of expansion slots that exist.

You might also need to get a good 300W+ power supply(PSU), depending on the video card you choose.
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#3 Maniac6521

Maniac6521
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 08:38 PM

Thanks a lot! I got the answer i needed :thumbsup:

Edited by Maniac6521, 03 February 2010 - 09:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users