Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XPS 410 freezes and a high pitched buzzing noise is emitted from the internal speaker

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lby137

lby137

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:25 PM

My XPS 410 has been freezing every time I log on to my name, even in safe mode and as the admin. When it freezes i can still move the mouse but cant click on anything and a high pitch buzzing noise is emitted from the tower. I took the side off the last time it was buzzing so i could figure out where it is coming from. It is coming from a little black speaker on the mother board. I cleaned out the fans and ran multiple virus/malware programs (malware bytes and avira antivir) and still it freezes. i dont know what to do and i need my computer because i am a student. Thanks so much!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,387 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2010 - 08:02 PM

Try another key board, I had one that had gotten junk under the keys after a cleaning it was fine. You can check my theory by unplugging the key board when it starts to buzz!

Phil

Edited by OldPhil, 03 February 2010 - 08:04 PM.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2010 - 08:33 PM

If it is a PS2 keyboard it is not recommended to hot swap.

If it is a USB connected keyboard then there should be no problem.

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,387 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:31 PM

Correct a PS2 will not re make its connection but it is simple to shut it down then reinsert the plug.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#5 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:35 PM

Correct a PS2 will not re make its connection but it is simple to shut it down then reinsert the plug.

Have seen PS2 ports fail after hot swapping. Just an FYI. They were never intended to hot swap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users