Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

browser keeps redirecting me. please help!!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 half15

half15

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 06:05 PM

So for a couple weeks now every time i try to search for something on Google it redirects me to some other site its becoming really annoying and i have a senior project that is due in march and i keep on getting redirects. People told me to use Malwarebytes but when i do a scan it finds nothing. Also every once in a while my computer will shut down on me it basically says ur computer will shut down in 40 seconds this has only happened twice so far. i'm also not sure how to do the log thing that every one else is putting up. So could you Please help me!!!!!

Edited by Orange Blossom, 03 February 2010 - 06:13 PM.
Move to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Computer Pro

Computer Pro

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2010 - 06:27 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is Computer Pro and I will be helping you with your issues.

Please subscribe to your topic so that you will be notified as soon as I post a reply, instead of you having to check the topic all of the time. This will allow you to get an email notification when I reply.

To subscribe, go to your topic, and at the top right hand corner by your first post, click the Options button and then click Track this topic. Then bullet the immediate notification bubble. Finally, press submit.

Please download Dr. Web the free version & save it to your desktop. DO NOT perform a scan yet.

Scan with Dr. Web Cureit as follows:
Double-click on launch.exe to open the program and click Start. (There is no need to update if you just downloaded the most current version
Read the Virus check by DrWeb scanner prompt and click Ok where asked to Start scan now? Allow the setup.exe to load if asked by any of your security programs.
The Express scan will automatically begin.
(This is a short scan of files currently running in memory, boot sectors, and targeted folders).
If prompted to dowload the Full version Free Trial, ignore and click the X to close the window.
If an infected object is found, you will be prompted to move anything that cannot be cured. Click Yes to All.
When complete, click Select All, then choose Cure > Move incurable.
(This will move any detected files to the C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\DoctorWeb\Quarantine folder if they can't be cured)
Now put a check next to Complete scan to scan all local disks and removable media.
In the top menu, click Settings > Change settings, and UNcheck "Heuristic analysis" under the "Scanning" tab, then click Ok.
Back at the main window, click the green arrow "Start Scanning" button on the right under the Dr.Web logo.
When the scan is complete, a message will be displayed at the bottom indicating if any viruses were found.
Click "Yes to all" if asked to cure or move the file(s) and select "Move incurable".
In the top menu, click file and choose save report list.
Save the DrWeb.csv report to your desktop.
Exit Dr.Web Cureit when done.
Important! Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web in your next reply. (You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report)
Computer Pro

#3 half15

half15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:45 AM

Well that was pretty fast but i'm actually leaving for school now but i will be back on a 4:00 today

#4 Computer Pro

Computer Pro

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:34 AM

Ok that is fine. I am at school also.
Computer Pro

#5 half15

half15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:42 PM

My computer freezes up each time i click start on dr web.

#6 Computer Pro

Computer Pro

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:46 PM

Please run ATF and SAS:

Note.. SAS doesn't open the registry hives for other user accounts on the system, so scans should be done from each user account.

Note 2: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

From your regular user account..
Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware, Free Home Edition

Save both to desktop ..
DO NOT run yet.
Open SUPER from icon and install and Update it
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
Click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

NOW Scan with SUPER
Open from the desktop icon or the program Files list
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.
Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.

To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log.
A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
Click Close to exit the program.
Computer Pro

#7 half15

half15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:08 PM

Oh and a couple weeks ago my computer had that internet security 2010 virus i reset the computer to a later time and i haven't had a problem since then with that so i'm not sure if it's still there. i actually thought i metioned that but i guess i didn't.

But yea i'm gonna do the spyware scan now.

#8 half15

half15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:26 PM

this is what i got

Generated 02/04/2010 at 09:43 PM

Application Version : 4.33.1000

Core Rules Database Version : 4510
Trace Rules Database Version: 1978

Scan type : Complete Scan
Total Scan Time : 00:33:33

Memory items scanned : 455
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 5338
Registry threats detected : 0
File items scanned : 16789
File threats detected : 30

Adware.Tracking Cookie
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@dc.tremormedia[2].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@dc.tremormedia[1].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@counter.surfcounters[1].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@dr.findlinks[1].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@dr.findlinks[2].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@dr.findlinks[3].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@statcounter[1].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@interclick[2].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@click.fastpartner[1].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@top5countdown.mevio[1].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@enhance[2].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@ads.financialcontent[2].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@enhance[5].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@enhance[4].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@enhance[3].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@media6degrees[1].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@onlinerewardcenter[2].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@adserver.adtechus[2].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@adserver.adtechus[1].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@ad.yieldmanager[2].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@ad.yieldmanager[3].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@realmedia[2].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@realmedia[1].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@content.yieldmanager[1].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@realmedia[4].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@network.realmedia[1].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@mediatraffic[1].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@network.realmedia[3].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@ad.wsod[2].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@clickpayz3.91462.blueseek[2]

#9 Computer Pro

Computer Pro

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:46 AM

Please update your Malwarebytes by going to the update tab, and then run a Full Scan and post back the log.
Computer Pro

#10 half15

half15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:33 PM

ok well i did a scan and it didn't find anything so there is no log.

oh i also unplugged the internet so that i can go on my Xbox would this affect the scan at all?

#11 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:21 AM

Computer Pro asked if I could pick up this thread.

The malwarebytes scan showed 0's?

:flowers:
Please perform a scan with Eset Onlinescan (NOD32).
(Requires Internet Explorer to work. If given the option, choose "Quarantine" instead of delete.)
Vista Users be sure to run Internet Explorer as Administrator. To do this, right-click on the IE icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select "Run as Administrator" from the context menu.)
  • You will see the Terms of Use. Tick the check-box in front of YES, I accept the Terms of Use
  • Now click Start.
  • You may receive an alert on the address bar that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then Click Insall ActiveX component.
  • A new window will appear asking "Do you want to install this software?" (OnlineScanner.cab)".
  • Answer Yes to install and download the ActiveX controls that allows the scan to run.
  • Click Start. (the Onlinescanner will now prepare itself for running on your pc)
  • To do a full-scan, check: "Remove found threats" and "Scan potentially unwanted applications"
  • Press Scan to start the online scan. (this could take some time to complete)[/color]
  • When the scan has finished, it will show a screen with two tabs "overview" and "details" and the option to get information or buy software. Just close the window.
  • Now click Start > Run... > type: C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
  • The scan results will open in Notepad.
  • Copy and paste the log results in your next reply.
Note: Some online scanners will detect existing anti-virus software and refuse to cooperate. You may have to disable the real-time protection components of your existing anti-virus and try running the scan again. If you do this, remember to turn\ them back on after you are finished.

:thumbsup:
Please download gmer.zip and save to your desktop.
  • Extract (unzip) the file to its own folder such as C:\Gmer. (Click here for information on how to do this if not sure.)
  • Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
  • Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security program drivers will not conflict with gmer's driver.
  • Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled.
  • Double-click on gmer.exe to start the program.
  • Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
  • You may be prompted to scan immediately if GMER detects rootkit activity.
  • If you are prompted to scan your system click "Yes" to begin the scan.
  • If not prompted, click the "Rootkit/Malware" tab.
  • On the right-side, all items to be scanned should be checked by default except for "Show All". Leave that box unchecked.
  • Select all drives that are connected to your system to be scanned.
  • Click the Scan button to begin. (Please be patient as it can take some time to complete)
  • When the scan is finished, click Save to save the scan results to your Desktop.
  • Save the file as gmer.log and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.
  • Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#12 half15

half15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:47 PM

Well i no longer have the browser redirect problem some guy posted on here and told me to use hitman pro so it got rid of that and got rid of a Trojan. So basically the only thing i'm wondering now is that a couple weeks ago i had that Internet Security 2010 virus i did a system restore and i haven't had a problem with that since then is it possible it could be gone? May it still be in my system?

#13 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 08 February 2010 - 07:17 PM

It could be but without any logs, it is vey hard to tell.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#14 half15

half15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:33 PM

Well should i do those to thing you said above then?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users